Are Sweet Potatoes Good for Dogs?
They don’t call it “sweet” because it will rub Fido’s belly, or give him treats for good behavior (that’s what you’re for!). It’s “sweet” because of all the added benefits and nutrition. . . read on, you might be yelling “SWEET!” when you’re done. Your good dog deserves good health!
So YES. Sweet potatoes are definitely good for dogs.
- Sweet potatoes contain the highest amino acid content of any of its cousins in the starch family.
- Amino acids are essential in your dog's diet to maintaining healthy and strong, lean muscles. The amino acids also increase the bodies’ antioxidant activity.
- Antioxidants are essential for ridding the body of free radicals that can cause cancer and other harmful diseases. Research has shown that sweet potatoes help rid the liver of fatty cells and keep vital organs healthy and at their best.
- The high fiber content of the sweet potato makes it great for the digestive system.
- Sweet potatoes are a great alternative to rawhide also because they are vegan and not made from animal byproducts.
Product selection is imperative to the success of SitStay.com and there are many factors we consider when adding products to the family. That's why we have so many dog treats that are made in the USA.
But, of all the factors, selecting products that we are proud to feed to our own dogs is #1 on the list.
Sweet potato chews for dogs is not a trend or a fad that will pass, it is a simple, natural dog chew that skirts past the manufacturing process that often increases the safety of a product.
Dirt, water, and good old fashion sunshine are the key components needed to make many of the sweet potato products we offer.
Sweet Potato Dog Products