Easy Walk Harness in Fawn/Brown
Easy Walk Harness in Fawn/Brown by PetSafe
- Gently discourages dogs from pulling
- No coughing, gagging, choking
- Easy on, easy off
- Leash sold separately
For dogs with additional training issues like jumping, barking, excessive pulling and lunging, we recommend the Gentle Leader Headcollar.
Do not use the Easy Walk Harness with a retractable leash. With a retractable leash, the dog is "rewarded" with more leash and less resistance when he pulls ahead. You want the dog to learn to NOT pull ahead. In addition, a retractable leash will always apply a slight constant pressure, teaching your dog it is okay to continue pulling.
NOTE: Leash is not included with the Easy Walk Harness. We do have matching leashes available.
FITTING THE EASY WALK HARNESS
The Girth should be measured snugly around the dog's rib cage, just behind the front legs (see diagram).
|Harness Color||Belly Strap Color|
|Royal Blue||Navy Blue|
IMPORTANT: Please be sure to read all instructions before using the harness on your dog.
Identifying the parts:
- The chest piece has a martingale loop with a "D" ring for attaching the leash.
- The shoulder strap is the same color nylon as the chest strap and has the Premier fabric tag.
- The belly strap is made of a complementary color.
Fitting the harness:
- Open the quick snap buckle on the belly strap.
- Place the shoulder strap over the dog’s head with the chest strap resting on the dog’s chest. Tighten belly strap to a comfortably snug fit. On medium-sized dogs, only allow room for about a finger’s width under the strap. Allow a bit more for larger dogs, less for smaller dogs.
- Gently press fingers on lower front of dog’s chest to locate breastbone.
- Adjust the shoulder strap so that when the chest strap is horizontal (parallel to the ground), the chest strap rests directly over the breast bone.
- AFTER you have tightened both the shoulder and belly straps to allow only about a finger’s width under the strap, adjust the chest strap to fit securely. It should rest nearly parallel to the ground, not “hang down” or gap.
- You may need to remove the harness to make these adjustments.
- When the shoulder strap is fitted correctly, the chest strap should resemble a horizontal line (parallel to the ground), and it will rest directly over the breastbone.
- Attach the leash to the D-ring on the chest strap.