A calming support formula recommended for animals exposed to increased environmental stressors.
When pets can’t adapt to stress it can lead to nervousness, hyperactivity, excess barking, abnormal urine marking, excessive scratching, and
destructive or aggressive behavior.
Changes to Environment Company or Parties Veterinary or Grooming Visits
Boarding or Holidays Boredom or Separation Stress Moving or Traveling
Medications or Vaccinations Fireworks and Thunderstorms
• Calming for Cats and Dogs help you to manage behavioral problems in pets without affecting your animal’s emotional balance and personality.
It contains a combination of factors not found in other calming formulas, which help reduce behavior problems associated with stressful
• It combines a Colostrum Calming Complex from milk protein hydrolysate with L-Theanine, Thiamine (B1), and Lecithin (from soy) which all
address stress management and calming.
• The Colostrum Calming Complex is isolated from colostrum proteins which have a calming effect on animals. These bioactive proteins have
been found to support cognitive functioning and support stress reduction. The Colostrum Calming Complex works synergistically with the
L-Theanine in this formula to promote relaxation and cognition.
• L-Theanine supports calming and relaxation, reduces irritability and low mood states. We use the Suntheanine® brand which has extensive
research and documentation, that suggest it is helpful in the area of reducing stress and supporting calmness. L-Theanine is a naturally occurring
amino acid found in green tea that is a derivative of glutamic acid a neurotransmitter in the brain. It helps the body to produce other
calming amino acids, such as dopamine, GABA and Tryptophan and helps bring certain neurotransmitters into better balance. Studies done on
L-Theanine showed that dogs reduced stress related behavior problems without adverse effects, and no reported drowsiness; dogs were alert,
playful, and calmer then expected given their situations.
• Lecithin is calming to the nervous system. It is a phospholipid that contains Choline and Inositol which help to support brain function and reduce stress.
• B Vitamins help manage stress and help reduce irritability. Thiamine (Vitamin B1) specifically has been shown to affect the central nervous
system to help calm and sooth anxious animals. Because Thiamine is not stored in the body, increased activity, stress, illness, or metabolism
depletes its levels in the body. Deficiencies cause mental confusion, muscular weakness,
muscle spasms, nervousness, and weight and appetite loss during periods of stress.
• Calming for Cats and Dogs does not contain any herbal ingredients (Kava Kava,
Valerian, St. John’s wort, etc.) or L-Tryptophan. The ingredients in Calming for Cats
and Dogs do not cause side effects, addiction, drowsiness or impair motor skills.
• It can be used daily or just when extra help to relax is needed.
• Directions For Use: Shake well before use.
Under 25 lbs: 1/4 teaspoon daily.
26 - 49 lbs: 1/2 teaspoon daily.
50 - 75 lbs: 3/4 teaspoon daily.
76 lbs and over: 1 teaspoon daily.
During Times of Increased Stress: It is
safe to double or triple the above amount,