- Gently discourages dogs from pulling
- No coughing, gagging, choking
- Easy on, easy off
- Leash sold separately
For dogs with additional training issues like jumping, barking, excessive pulling and lunging, we recommend the Gentle Leader Headcollar.
Do not use the Easy Walk Harness with a retractable leash. With a retractable leash, the dog is "rewarded" with more leash and less resistance when he pulls ahead. You want the dog to learn to NOT pull ahead. In addition, a retractable leash will always apply a slight constant pressure, teaching your dog it is okay to continue pulling.
NOTE: Leash is not included with the Easy Walk Harness. We do have matching leashes available.
Made in Taiwan
FITTING THE EASY WALK HARNESS
The Girth should be measured snugly around the dog's rib cage, just behind the front legs (see diagram).
|Harness Color||Belly Strap Color|
|Royal Blue||Navy Blue|
IMPORTANT: Please be sure to read all instructions before using the harness on your dog.
Identifying the parts:
- The chest piece has a martingale loop with a "D" ring for attaching the leash.
- The shoulder strap is the same color nylon as the chest strap and has the Premier fabric tag.
- The belly strap is made of a complementary color.
Fitting the harness:
- Open the quick snap buckle on the belly strap.
- Place the shoulder strap over the dog’s head with the chest strap resting on the dog’s chest. Tighten belly strap to a comfortably snug fit. On medium-sized dogs, only allow room for about a finger’s width under the strap. Allow a bit more for larger dogs, less for smaller dogs.
- Gently press fingers on lower front of dog’s chest to locate breastbone.
- Adjust the shoulder strap so that when the chest strap is horizontal (parallel to the ground), the chest strap rests directly over the breast bone.
- AFTER you have tightened both the shoulder and belly straps to allow only about a finger’s width under the strap, adjust the chest strap to fit securely. It should rest nearly parallel to the ground, not “hang down” or gap.
- You may need to remove the harness to make these adjustments.
- When the shoulder strap is fitted correctly, the chest strap should resemble a horizontal line (parallel to the ground), and it will rest directly over the breastbone.
- Attach the leash to the D-ring on the chest strap.
Using the harness:
The Gentle Leader Easy Walk Harness is designed to gently discourage your dog from pulling while walking on a leash. If your dog forges ahead of you, gently pull the leash to the side to turn the dog toward you. As he stops pulling, be sure to release the tension on the leash. Use praise and reward your dog with treats and/or petting.
To slow your dog when he is pulling ahead, apply gentle pressure to the leash, pulling gently toward one side of the dog. Release the pressure on the leash when the dog is walking nicely next to you.
Like all collars, leashes, and harnesses, the Gentle Leader Easy Walk Harness is a tool designed to help you train your dog to walk politely. We recommend finding a qualified trainer who can help you work with your dog in a positive way.
We don’t recommend using the Gentle Leader Easy Walk Harness with a retractable leash. With a retractable leash, the dog is “rewarded” with additional leash when he pulls ahead. We want the dog to learn to NOT pull ahead. In addition, a retractable leash will always apply a slight constant pressure, teaching your dog it is okay to continue pulling.
Check the fit regularly, especially on growing dogs. Examine the harness for signs of chewing, fraying, or damage. Do not leave the harness on your dog unattended.
The instructions for the Easy Walk are also available in a PDF file that you can download and print.
Easy Walk instructions and information - Adobe pdf file format (660K).
If the Premier item you purchased at SitStay.com has any sort of accidental damage or hardware failure, including chewage, you can exchange it for that same item as long as we still carry it online. Return the item with a money order or cash of $8.00 per item (Nebraska residents add 7% tax) . We will ship you a brand new product. (sorry, we don't take credit cards for this exchange.) This guarantee does not include items that are simply dirty, outgrown or lost.
How to properly measure your dog for a good fit
Measure Your DogHow to properly measure your dog for a good fit
This is a "Magic Harness" !
Posted by Kristin Kucsma on 2nd Feb 2013
I call this the magic harness because it is THE ONLY harness I have found (and I have tried many) that prevents my dogs from pulling. It is terrific - easy to use and has worked wonders on my two 70 pound pups. Going for nice long walks is once again just plain fun!
It was perfect, and I love the color
Posted by officer Al (retired) on 28th Jan 2013
I have a GSD female about 3 yrs old. She was a rescue. she was a little smaller than most though she weighs in at about 67 lbs. She is beautiful and a fast learner. In 6 months she was trained in obedience and taught her how to qualify as a Therapy dog. She qualified with the Easy Walker harness. We work as a team with Pet Partners (formerly Delta Society). I had trouble at first trying to fit her into a Easy Walker, we started out with a large, then a medium. I noticed that there were in-between sizes, but Pet Co. or Pets Mart did not carry them. I checked on line and there it was.The Med-Large works great, my GSD, Jasmine, loves it too. I received it about 2 days later, that worked great fro both of us.
Easy Walkers are Magic!
Posted by Unknown on 15th Jan 2013
I sell many harnesses every month and all my clients say it's amazing; especially when getting a new rescued dog to walk with them. It's safe, easy to put on and it works!
Easy Walk aptly named
Posted by Judy on 8th Jan 2013
My dog, Maggie, is a hound mix, and we had tried the Gentle Leader collar before becuase she pulls so much, but it wasn't the soluton for her because when she would pull the nose strap would get too tight. However with the Easy Walk Harness, now she can sniff the ground all she wants on our walks and she is comfortable, and so am I. For her this product reduces even more than the collar. Our walks are fun now.
Works great for us
Posted by Unknown on 31st Dec 2012
Though we wish it was made in the U.S., this harness works great. We're both 60 lbs, and the large is too large - especially droops down in front; we're so lucky to FIND the M/L here! (Can't find it in regular stores.) They say you're not supposed to not use this harness with a retractable leash, but we do -- we walk, stalk, jump, play on woods trails a lot, and mommy couldn't handle our energy at all if it wasn't for this harness.