Reflective Easy-Walk Nylon Harness & Matching 6ft Leash:
- Reflective, visible to 1,000 feet
- Gently discourages dogs from pulling
- No coughing, gagging, choking
- Easy on, easy off
- Includes matching 6 foot leash
The Gentle Leader Easy Walk dog Harness is designed to gently discourage your dog from pulling while walking on a leash. This means more of you walking your dog and less of your dog walking you. Unlike traditional collars, the Gentle Leader Easy Walk Harness never causes coughing, gagging, or choking because the chest strap rests low across the breastbone, not on the delicate tracheal area. The strong nylon is both soft and adjustable in four places for maximum fit and comfort. There is a quick snap buckle on both the shoulder and belly straps making the harness easy to put on and take off. The belly strap is a different color so you can easily see what goes where when you pick it up to put on your dog. It's easy to fit and easy to use.
For dogs with additional training issues like jumping, barking, excessive pulling and lunging, we recommend the Gentle Leader Headcollar.
Do not use the Easy Walk Harness with a retractable leash. With a retractable leash, the dog is ?rewarded? with more leash and less resistance when he pulls ahead. You want the dog to learn to NOT pull ahead. In addition, a retractable leash will always apply a slight constant pressure, teaching your dog it is okay to continue pulling.
NOTE: Leash is included with the Reflective Easy Walk Harness.
Made in Taiwan
FITTING THE EASY WALK DOG HARNESS
The Girth should be measured snugly around the dog's rib cage, just behind the front legs (see diagram).
|Harness Color||Belly Strap Color|
IMPORTANT: Please be sure to read all instructions before using the harness on your dog.
Identifying the parts:
- The chest piece has a martingale loop with a "D" ring for attaching the leash.
- The shoulder strap is the same color nylon as the chest strap and has the Premier fabric tag.
- The belly strap is made of a complementary color.
Fitting the refective dog harness:
- Open the quick snap buckle on the belly strap.
- Place the shoulder strap over the dog’s head with the chest strap resting on the dog’s chest. Tighten belly strap to a comfortably snug fit. On medium-sized dogs, only allow room for about a finger’s width under the strap. Allow a bit more for larger dogs, less for smaller dogs.
- Gently press fingers on lower front of dog’s chest to locate breastbone.
- Adjust the shoulder strap so that when the chest strap is horizontal (parallel to the ground), the chest strap rests directly over the breast bone.
- AFTER you have tightened both the shoulder and belly straps to allow only about a finger’s width under the strap, adjust the chest strap to fit securely. It should rest nearly parallel to the ground, not “hang down” or gap.
- You may need to remove the harness to make these adjustments.
- When the shoulder strap is fitted correctly, the chest strap should resemble a horizontal line (parallel to the ground), and it will rest directly over the breastbone.
- Attach the leash to the D-ring on the chest strap.
Using the refelective dog harness:
The Gentle Leader Easy Walk Harness is designed to gently discourage your dog from pulling while walking on a leash. If your dog forges ahead of you, gently pull the leash to the side to turn the dog toward you. As he stops pulling, be sure to release the tension on the leash. Use praise and reward your dog with treats and/or petting.
To slow your dog when he is pulling ahead, apply gentle pressure to the leash, pulling gently toward one side of the dog. Release the pressure on the leash when the dog is walking nicely next to you.
Like all collars, leashes, and harnesses, the Gentle Leader Easy Walk Harness is a tool designed to help you train your dog to walk politely. We recommend finding a qualified trainer who can help you work with your dog in a positive way.
We don’t recommend using the Gentle Leader Easy Walk Harness with a retractable leash. With a retractable leash, the dog is “rewarded” with additional leash when he pulls ahead. We want the dog to learn to NOT pull ahead. In addition, a retractable leash will always apply a slight constant pressure, teaching your dog it is okay to continue pulling.
Check the fit regularly, especially on growing dogs. Examine the harness for signs of chewing, fraying, or damage. Do not leave the harness on your dog unattended.
The instructions for the Easy Walk are also available in a PDF file that you can download and print.
Easy Walk instructions and information - Adobe pdf file format (660K).
If the Premier item you purchased at SitStay.com has any sort of accidental damage or hardware failure, including chewage, you can exchange it for that same item as long as we still carry it online. Return the item with a money order or cash of $8.00 per item (Nebraska residents add 7% tax) . We will ship you a brand new product. (sorry, we don't take credit cards for this exchange.) This guarantee does not include items that are simply dirty, outgrown or lost.
This refective dog harness is a wonderful product for you and your active dog.
How to properly measure your dog for a good fit
Measure Your DogHow to properly measure your dog for a good fit
Posted by Hannah on 21st Jan 2015
The harness is a little difficult to figure out how to put on at first because the leash attaches to their chest not back, but once you got it it slips on and works very well to slightly off-balance a puppy too rambitious to stay next to you during training. It doesn't hurt them or choke them like a leash directly on the collar would.
Customers also viewed
Harness: Easy-Walk, Durable Nylon, Pull Correcting Harness by Premier ALL Sizes, ALL Colors (price varies by size)$20.95
Harness Bundle: ECO Easy-Walk Harness & 6 ft. Leash Bundle by Premier ( Made From 100% Recycled Milk Cartons) All Sizes, All Colors (price varies by size)$16.99
Harness with Handle: WebMaster Multi-Use High Performance Nylon Safety Harness by Ruffwear, ALL Sizes, (price varies by size)$52.99